Fettuccine with Shrimp and Lemon Cream Sauce
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Pasta, Entree, Main
- 18 ounces fresh fettuccine
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, shelled, deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 Cup fresh peas
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 Cups low-sodium chicken broth, defatted
- 1 1/2 Cups evaporated low-fat milk
- 1 1/4 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons water
- 1/3 Cup fresh basil or parsley, chopped
- Cook fettuccine; drain, keep warm.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil. Add shrimp and garlic; cook, stirring, until shrimp are opaque on outside but translucent in center, about 2 minutes. Transfer to plate and set aside.
- Add lemon juice to skillet, stirring with garlic and peas. Add broth. Cook 2 minutes. Add milk, lemon zest, salt; heat to boil.
- Mix cornstarch with water; add to skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute. Add shrimp, cook until opaque throughout. Add basil or parsley. Transfer mixture to large bowl; add fettuccine, toss well, serve.