Festive Raisin Tarts
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Pies
Serves: 12 tarts
- 1 package (11 ounce) pastry mix
- 1/2 Cup walnuts
- 3 Tablespoons soft butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- whipping cream
- 1 Cup raisins
- 1/2 Cup packed brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons orange juice
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons half and half
- Prepare pastry according to package directions.
- Line small tart pans* (2 1/2 inches in diameter and 3/4 inch deep) with pastry. Place on baking sheet.
- Finely chop raisins and walnuts.
- Combine with brown sugar, butter, orange juice, egg and half and half.
- Bake on lower rack at 425F about 20 minutes or until pastry is lightly browned.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.
Makes 1 dozen small tarts.