Festive Green Beans with Almonds makes a delightful dinner even more impressive and delicious with every bite.
Festive Green Beans with Almonds
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, stemmed
- 1/2 Cup onion, sliced and quartered
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 Cup water chestnuts, slivered
- 1/4 Cup almonds, slivered and toasted
- Cut green beans into 3-inch long pieces. Steam until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot and saute the onions until soft, 5 minutes. Stir in the reserved beans along with the water chestnuts.
- Transfer immediately to a serving dish, sprinkle with almonds and serve.