Festival Corn Salsa
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dips and Salsas
- 1 Cup fresh corn kernels, cooked
- 1 ripe papaya, peeled, seeded and cut; into * dice
- 1/3 Cup finely diced red onion
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and fine; ly diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1/4 Cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 Cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Any salsa is best when served fresh. If it isn't convenient to make the salsa just before serving time, prepare and refrigerate all your ingredients ahead of time and toss together 15 minutes before serving. It sparkles!
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except cilantro. Toss together. Refrigerate, covered, for up to 2 hours. Just before serving, toss with cilantro.
- Yield: about 4 Cups.
- Per 1-cup serving: 105 calories, 1 gram fat, no colesterol.
- NOTE: If cilantro is not a favorite, substitute fresh basil or flat-leaf parsley.