Fesenjam (Pomegranate-Walnut Chicken)
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Poultry
- 4 chicken breasts; boneless up to 6
- 1 onion; medium finely diced
- 1 dash oil
- 1 lemon juice 2 Tablespoons or so)
- pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 Cup chicken stock
- 1/4 Cup pomegranate molasses*
- 1/3 Cup walnuts; finely ground up to 3/4 Cups
- Saute the onion in the oil till transparent, then brown the chicken breasts. Add lemon juice, pepper, (salt) and chicken stock. Simmer 15 minutes. Add pomegranate molasses and walnuts. Simmer another 45 minutes. Serve with or over rice.
- *Pomegranate molasses is available at any Middle Eastern food store. If you have difficulty finding it, you can substitute pomegranate juice or grenadine syrup.
- The recipe has been modified to reduce the fat content and use boneless chicken breast instead of a whole duck or cut up chicken.