Fava Bean and Pecorino Salad with Prosciutto
Author: Tom Colicchio
Recipe type: Salad, Side Dish
- Kosher salt as needed
- 1 1/2 pounds fava beans, shelled
- 5 Tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons walnut oil
- as needed freshly ground black pepper
- 7 large radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 4 pieces Pecorino Romano cheese, shaved
- Bring salted to boil and cook fava beans until easy to peel, about 5 minutes. Drain, rinse, slip off skins. Set aside.
- Combine walnuts and walnut oil in mini-food processor into coarse paste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine paste with fava beans, radishes, sage, chives and salt and pepper to taste. Divide prosciutto among 4 plates and top with fava bean salad. Drizzle with olive oil. Squeeze a little lemon juice on each serving and top with slices of cheese.