Farfalle with Pumpkin Sauce is a wonderful harvest-time pasta recipe with a sauce full of earthy goodness. Seriously delicious and pleasurable, this pasta recipe is both innovative and appealing.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 Tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 3/4 pound pumpkin, cut in small pieces (or 1 can pumpkin puree)
- 1/4 Cup Vermouth or dry Sherry
- 1 Cup vegetable bouillon
- 4 ounces Asiago cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch sugar
- roasted pumpkin seeds for garnish
- 1 pound farfalle (pasta bows)
- Peel the garlic and mince.
- Peel the onion and slice finely.
- Saute the onion and garlic until glassy, add the fennel seeds.
- Set the mixture aside until needed.
- Meanwhile, steam the pumpkin pieces until they are soft.
- Puree the pumpkin, onion, garlic and fennel together to be a smooth mass.
- Return the mixture to the pot and put on a low heat.
- Add the vegetable bouillon, and vermouth and season to taste with salt, pepper, nutmeg and a pinch of sugar.
- When the sauce is ready, bring a pot of salted water to boil for the pasta.
- Cook he pasta al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, roast the pumpkin seeds in a dry pan until they begin to pop; it will only be a minute or two so watch them, otherwise they will quickly brown and burn.
- Drain the pasta when ready and serve the sauce on top.
- Sprinkle some of the Asiago on top and then a few roasted pumpkin seeds.
Simple, easy to make and utterly delicious, Caramelized Persimmon with Vanilla Crème Fraîche is a pe...
Charred red peppers have a unique, smoky flavor that adds greatly to the flavor of Southwestern Gril...
The simple preparation of All-American Cole Slaw belies the complexities, nuances and subtle pleasur...
Schnitzel - a breaded cutlet can be made with turkey cutlet with superb results. Treat it as you wou...