Farfalle with Pumpkin Sauce is a wonderful harvest-time pasta recipe with a sauce full of earthy goodness. Seriously delicious and pleasurable, this pasta recipe is both innovative and appealing.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 Tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 3/4 pound pumpkin, cut in small pieces (or 1 can pumpkin puree)
- 1/4 Cup Vermouth or dry Sherry
- 1 Cup vegetable bouillon
- 4 ounces Asiago cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch sugar
- roasted pumpkin seeds for garnish
- 1 pound farfalle (pasta bows)
- Peel the garlic and mince.
- Peel the onion and slice finely.
- Saute the onion and garlic until glassy, add the fennel seeds.
- Set the mixture aside until needed.
- Meanwhile, steam the pumpkin pieces until they are soft.
- Puree the pumpkin, onion, garlic and fennel together to be a smooth mass.
- Return the mixture to the pot and put on a low heat.
- Add the vegetable bouillon, and vermouth and season to taste with salt, pepper, nutmeg and a pinch of sugar.
- When the sauce is ready, bring a pot of salted water to boil for the pasta.
- Cook he pasta al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, roast the pumpkin seeds in a dry pan until they begin to pop; it will only be a minute or two so watch them, otherwise they will quickly brown and burn.
- Drain the pasta when ready and serve the sauce on top.
- Sprinkle some of the Asiago on top and then a few roasted pumpkin seeds.
The amazing flavor of this dish is sublimely complemented when served over Jasmine rice. Its rich T...
Breaded Veal Cutlet (Weiner Schnitzel) is an Austrian classic, usually served with a fried egg on to...
The complex flavors of Little Italian Sausage Burgers creates a glorious eating experience. Enjoy it...
Chopped Chef's Salad is not the kind you'll find in diners around the country. It is homemade, with ...