If you like spicy foods, but not too spicy, try Barbara Norman’s Estremaduran Gazpacho. The flavors are exceptional.
Estremaduran Gazpacho (Gazpacho Extremeno)
Author: Barbara Norman
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
Serves: 4 servings
- 2 medium cloves garlic; peeled
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded; cut in strips
- salt, to taste
- 3 slices bread, white part only
- 1 large egg; or 2 small eggs
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 4 Cups ice water
- If you use a mortar, crush garlic with peppers and a little salt. Add bread previously soaked in water and squeezed. Blend in lightly beaten egg(s).
- Gradually add olive oil while stirring. Strain into deep bowl, stir in ice water, add vinegar, check seasoning, and serve very cold.
- In an electric blender, you can mix all the ingredients except the ice water simultaneously. Blend on low speed for only a few seconds, then strain and proceed as described above.
Recipe Source: THE SPANISH COOKBOOK by Barbara Norman