Every single slice of Espresso Chocolate-Chip Angel Food Cake yields a jolt of caffeine paired with the delights of chocolate in light and airy angel food. Seriously wonderful!
- 1 1/3 Cups cake flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 12 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 3/4 Cups sugar, granulated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- chocolate chips, coarsely chopped
- Sift together flour, espresso powder and salt into mixing bowl; reserve.
- Place egg whites into bowl of electric mixer fitted with whip. Beat on medium until frothy. Add cream of tartar. Increase speed to high. Slowly add sugar, whipping until whites are stiff but still shiny, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Add vanilla extract and lemon juice. Add reserved flour mixture. When flour is completely incorporated, remove bowl from machine. Fold in chocolate chips, but do not overmix.
- Pour batter into ungreased tube pan. Stab with dull knife a few times to break up any air pockets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until tester inserted into cake comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Invert cake on rack; let cool upside down in pan. When cooled, remove the pan.
The Poppy Fields of Flanders honor those who served in war. Perfect for Veteran's Day or Remembrance...
Pain de Mie is the French recipe for rustic white bread - the foundation for the white bread we all ...
In ancient Rome, they used a condiment to flavor everything from appetizers to salads. Called Garum ...
Bartlett Pear and Candied-Pecan Salad includes incredible flavors, superb textures and delightful ar...