Author: Locke-Ober, Boston
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 2 pounds butter
- 8 cloves fresh garlic; chopped fine
- 48 snails; with shells
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley; chopped
- 3 ounces chicken broth
- 1/4 Cup Madeira
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- STEP ONE: Place butter in saute pan and cook until it begins to turn brown. Add chopped garlic and saute until light brown. Add snails and saute for approximately 1 minute. Add parsley, chicken broth, Madeira, and salt. Cook until liquid is reduced to about one-quarter.
- STEP TWO: Place a little of the sauce in each shell, then add a snail. Reserve the remaining sauce. Place in a 425-degree oven long enough to get very hot. Pour reserved sauce over snails and serve.
- CHEF'S NOTE: Be sure to use a large shell for a large snail.
An unforgettable appetizer for eight.