You will love this crisp, salty, spicy taste of this exceptional appetizer, perfect for your celebrations. Goes well with pecans, walnuts or almonds and white wine.
Endive with Bleu Cheese
Go nuts and garnish with almonds, walnuts or pecans to add a little extra crunch and buttery flavor to these delicious hors d'oeuvre.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
Serves: 2 dozen
- 1/4 Cup whipping cream
- 2 large bunch Belgian endive
- paprika; as needed
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3 ounces bleu cheese
- 3 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- Combine cheeses, butter and 1/4 cup whipping cream in processor or blender and mix until creamy, adding more cream as necessary.
- Separate endive leaves; wash and drain. Spoon cheese mixture into pastry bag fitted with star tip and pipe into endive leaves. Arrange leaves in spoke pattern on large platter and sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Makes about 2 dozen appetizers.