Eier in Gruner Sosse (Eggs in Green Sauce)
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 Cup sour cream; *
- 1 lemon; med, juiced
- 9 eggs; large, hard cooked
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups fresh herbs; chopped **
- * You can use part yogurt if so desired.
** Any kind of fresh herbs such as dill, chives, parsley, tarragon, or borage may be used.
- Blend mayonnaise, sour cream and lemon juice.
- Finely chop 1 hard-cooked egg and stir into mayonnaise mixture. Season with salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Thoroughly rinse herbs, pat dry, and chop. Blend with the sauce.
- Slice rest of the hard-cooked eggs in half and arrange in the sauce and serve.