An absolutely fantasic, simple and elegant breakfast casserole for holiday weekends and entertaining overnight guests.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Eggs
- 1 pound pork sausage (bulk)
- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 3/4 pound Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs; beaten
- 2 1/2 Cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon mustard
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1/4 Cup dry sherry
- In a 9x13 greased caserole dish, place bread cubes. Brown sausage into very fine pieces, drain.
- Top bread with cheese. Place sausage on top of cheese and bread.
- Mix eggs and milk together and pour on top of the sausage, bread and cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning, mix sherry and soup (no extra water) together and spread over the top of the casserole.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 1 hour.