The quintessential recipe that defines Brunch, Eggs Benedict has evolved many variations, but this classic remains superb. Serve it with hash browns, home fries, or Murphy potatoes, and as a drink, Mimosas, Buck Fizzes or Bloody Marys.
- 2 English muffins, split, toasted and buttered
- 4 thick slices ham or Canadian bacon, warmed
- 4 poached eggs (cooked in water acidulated with 1 Tablespoon white vinegar), up to 6
- 1/2 Cup Hollandaise Sauce
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 Cup warm clarified butter
- 1 to 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- dash hot red pepper sauce (optional)
- salt and ground white pepper to taste
- Place in the top of a double boiler or in a large stainless-steel bowl set up as a double boiler.
- Off the heat, whisk the egg mixture until it becomes light and frothy.
- Place the top of the double boiler or the bowl over, not in, barely simmering water and continue to whisk until the eggs are thickened, 2 to 4 minutes, being careful not to let the eggs get too hot. Remove the pan or bowl from over the water and whisk to slightly cool the mixture.
- Whisking constantly, very slowly add butter, then whisk in lemon juice, pepper sauce and salt and pepper. If the sauce is too thick, whisk in a few drops of warm water.
- To assemble, place the top and bottom of one English muffin on a plate. Top with 2 slices of Canadian bacon. Top the bacon with one poached egg for each muffin half (two to three eggs per serving).
- Spoon the sauce over the eggs, bacon and muffins. Serve immediately or keep the sauce warm for up to 30 minutes by placing the bowl in warm water (not hot) water.
Grilled Pork Chop with a Spicy Peach BBQ Sauce is a joyful blend of flavors bringing out the best of...
Grilled Lemon and Garlic Pork Chops is a Southwestern dish of exceptional flavor. Lemon and garlic ...
Fresh chutney has vivid flavors, each enhanced by the others. Apple is brightened by the chile, whic...
An interesting, aromatic and delectable side dish combining wine with leeks - an ancient tradition i...