Eggplant Tahini Pate
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
- salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Cayenne pepper
- halved lemon slices (optional)
- fresh parsley sprig (optional)
- pita bread, cut in strips
- large eggplant
- 1 large garlic clove
- 3 shallots
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 3 Tablespoons tahini (creamed sesame)
- lemon peel, finely grated
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350?F. (175?C.). Prick eggplant several times with a fork.
- Bake eggplant in preheated oven 30-40 minutes or until softened and skin has turned dark brown. Cool, trim ends and peel eggplant. Process flesh in a blender or food processor with garlic, shallots, Garam Masala, tahini, lemon peel and juice until smooth and evenly combined.
- Season with salt. Spoon mixture into a serving bowl, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
Garnish with lemon slices and parsley sprig, if desired, and serve with pita bread.