A simple and luscious sandwich, Egg Salad with Avocado on a Bagel makes a great lunch or picnic dish. Easy to make and assemble, it is both filling and tasty. The avocado was a great replacement for mayo in the egg salad, adding a nice creamy texture and an extra layer of flavor, making a delicious egg sandwich.
- yellow onion, sliced thin
- a pinch garlic salt
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- avocado, pitted, skinned
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Havarti cheese
- lettuce, Romaine
- tomato, sliced
- a bagel, sliced in half, horizontally
- First chop up some onions and put them in a pan with some butter on medium heat to saute while you work on the rest of the sandwich.
- Chop up your avocado, and eggs and mix them together in a bowl and add garlic salt and pepper to taste. Once your onions have finish caramelizing and cooled, add them to the mix. Dice one or two slices of tomato, adding these to the mix and you are ready to make your sandwich.
- Open the bagel, spreading each side with some mayonnaise. On the bottom half of the bagel, place a thin layer of lettuce. Place a heaping spoonful of the egg salad mixture on the lettuce, then layer of Havarti cheese, thinly sliced.
- Top with a layer of thinly sliced tomato and another layer of lettuce, then cover with the bagel top.
- You may cut the bagel in half vertically, if you wish.
- Serve with some of the salad mixture served in the hollowed shell of the avocado.
Honey Nougat is a classical recipe made for centuries in Italy. It is intensely sweet, crunchy, stic...
One of BLT Steak's signature appetizers, Blue Fin Tuna Tartare from BLT is a very popular dish that'...
Vegetarian Wellington is an outstanding, flavorful way to serve a great appetizer or main course to ...
Creamy Asparagus Soup is a kosher alternative to traditional Matzo Ball Soup for Passover. It's rich...