This extraordinary, simple garnish is both flavorful and decorative. Serve it as a topping or garnish for many Chinese dishes to WOW your guests and family.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
Serves: 1 batch
- oil for deep-frying
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a wok or other heavy pan, heat about 2 inches of oil. In a bowl beat together well remaining ingredients.
- When oil reaches deep-frying temperature (375 degrees), use your fingers to drizzle egg mixture into hot oil in 2 or 3 batches.
- As soon as egg has solidified, but before it begins to brown, remove from pan with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Let cool. Fried egg should resemble lace.