If you yearn for a better meatloaf, Ed Debevic’s Meatloaf is for you. Make it in a loaf, a pie dish or as mini loaves for a perfect meal with mashed potatoes, gravy and veggies on the side. Heaven on your plate.
- 2 Tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 onion; minced
- 1 baking potato; cooked, mashed
- 1 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons freshly-ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 Cup tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the parsley, onion, potato, garlic powder, pepper, salt, egg, tomato juice and tomato paste. Mix well. Add the beef and mix well again.
- Pack the mixture into a 9- by 5-inch loaf pan. Bake the loaf until a meat thermometer inserted in the middle registers 160 degrees, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Drain the grease from the pan and cool the meatloaf in the pan 15 to 20 minutes before removing.
An incredible blending of juxtaposed flavors is created in Roasted Figs with Gorgonzola, Balsamic Vi...
Zabar's Black-and-White Cookies are delightful cookies and a favorite in New York and around the wor...
Irish Sausages are another major staple of the cuisine of the Emerald Isle. They're high in fat cont...
Frittatas are most often served for supper in Italy, but some can be served for any meal. Frittata w...