If you yearn for a better meatloaf, Ed Debevic’s Meatloaf is for you. Make it in a loaf, a pie dish or as mini loaves for a perfect meal with mashed potatoes, gravy and veggies on the side. Heaven on your plate.
- 2 Tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 onion; minced
- 1 baking potato; cooked, mashed
- 1 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons freshly-ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 Cup tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the parsley, onion, potato, garlic powder, pepper, salt, egg, tomato juice and tomato paste. Mix well. Add the beef and mix well again.
- Pack the mixture into a 9- by 5-inch loaf pan. Bake the loaf until a meat thermometer inserted in the middle registers 160 degrees, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Drain the grease from the pan and cool the meatloaf in the pan 15 to 20 minutes before removing.
Brisket of Beef with Sauerkraut and Dumplings makes a marvelous meal. Rich flavors of hearty German ...
The flavor of Butternut Squash Soup is exceptional, offering a depth of comfort and warmth only a fe...
Warm Granny Apple Crumble is a delicious dessert of impeccable flavors. A patriotic, tasty and memor...
An interesting side dish, Okra Braised with Tomatoes has roots in French and African cuisine, with s...