Easy Toffee Bars
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Candies
- 35 soda crackers with unsalted tops
- 1 Cup butter or regular butter
- 1 Cup brown sugar, packed
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate pieces
- An absolutely fabulous candy! Tastes and looks like butter crunch. And it all starts with a little soda cracker. Your friends will never guess the basic ingredient.
- Lightly grease 15x10x1 inch jelly roll pan. Line bottom of pan evenly with soda crackers. Combine butter and brown sugar in 2 quart heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Continue cooking 3 more minutes, stirring constantly. Pour mixture evenly over crackers. Bake in 375F oven 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with chocolate pieces. let stand 5 minutes. Spread melted chocolate over crackers. While still warm, cut between crackers making 35 squares. Chill in refrigerator until set. Makes 35 pieces.