Served as a dessert, these pierogies are a favorite in Eastern European homes. Simple and delicious, they provide a pleasant bite of great flavor.
- 2 Cups dry cottage cheese
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup flour
- MORE ECONOMICAL VERSION
- 1 1/2 Cups dry cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 Cup mashed potatoes, cooked
- 3/4 Cup flour
- Force cheese through sieve. Rub thoroughly until free from lumps. Add butter, egg yolks, salt, sugar and flour.
- Beat thoroughly until light. Add well beaten egg whites and fold in, carefully.
- Turn out onto floured board. Roll with hands into long narrow roll. Flatten and cut slantwise into pieces 2 inches long.
- Cook in boiling salted water until they rise to the top. Lift with straining spoon and cover with lightly browned, buttered crumbs.
These are delicious with sour cream flavored with cinnamon and sugar.
Cheddar adds an alluring flavor to the crust of a hearty apple pie. Serve with cream or cheese. Appl...
Okay, the name is a bit of a turn-off, but the Spotted Dick itself is rich and delicious. It is no w...
Country Molasses Pie is also known as Shoofly or Shoo-Fly Pie because once set to cool, its sweetnes...
As comforting and warm as a Tuscan sunset, this simple, quick and easy dish is a treasure you will e...