Served as a dessert, these pierogies are a favorite in Eastern European homes. Simple and delicious, they provide a pleasant bite of great flavor.
- 2 Cups dry cottage cheese
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup flour
- MORE ECONOMICAL VERSION
- 1 1/2 Cups dry cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 Cup mashed potatoes, cooked
- 3/4 Cup flour
- Force cheese through sieve. Rub thoroughly until free from lumps. Add butter, egg yolks, salt, sugar and flour.
- Beat thoroughly until light. Add well beaten egg whites and fold in, carefully.
- Turn out onto floured board. Roll with hands into long narrow roll. Flatten and cut slantwise into pieces 2 inches long.
- Cook in boiling salted water until they rise to the top. Lift with straining spoon and cover with lightly browned, buttered crumbs.
These are delicious with sour cream flavored with cinnamon and sugar.
Apricot and Amaretti Tart is a delicious frolic of fabulous flavors that tantalize and delight the p...
Pizza Rustica alla Napoletana is also called Pizza Gaina, Torta Rustica, and other and other regiona...
Eggnog Bread Pudding is a comfortable, relaxing and flavorful dessert that's very easy to prepare an...
The unique flavor of Irish Soda Scones makes them ideal to serve with rich creamery butter, jam and ...