This simple, delicious and flavorful Easy Fish Chowder puts smiles on everyone’s face at your table, and it’s economical to make. Try it tonight. Perfect with a crusty or multi-grain bread, crackers or oyster crackers.
- 3 pounds fish fillets; cubed (halibut, cod, or sea bass)
- 3 large onions; chopped
- 1/4 pound butter (1 stick)
- 3 Quarts water
- 2 cans evaporated milk
- 1 Quart fresh milk
- 12 medium potatoes; washed but not peeled, diced
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- dill, to taste
- Melt butter in a soup kettle. Add the onions, and saute until tender.
- Add water and diced potatoes, and simmer until the potatoes are done.
- Add fish cubes, and continue to simmer until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Add evaporated and fresh milk, and season to taste with salt, pepper and dill.
- Heat thoroughly, without boiling, and serve.
Apfelstrudel, an old Austrian recipe is always a crowd pleaser, and full of deep, rich and sweet fla...
The name of this recipe - The Very Best Home Fries, matches its distinctly wonderful taste and textu...
Festive Green Beans with Almonds makes a delightful dinner even more impressive and delicious with e...
Roast Pork Loin Sofrito is an exceptionally delicious dish with roots in both Spain and Puerto Rico....