This simple, delicious and flavorful Easy Fish Chowder puts smiles on everyone’s face at your table, and it’s economical to make. Try it tonight. Perfect with a crusty or multi-grain bread, crackers or oyster crackers.
- 3 pounds fish fillets; cubed (halibut, cod, or sea bass)
- 3 large onions; chopped
- 1/4 pound butter (1 stick)
- 3 Quarts water
- 2 cans evaporated milk
- 1 Quart fresh milk
- 12 medium potatoes; washed but not peeled, diced
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- dill, to taste
- Melt butter in a soup kettle. Add the onions, and saute until tender.
- Add water and diced potatoes, and simmer until the potatoes are done.
- Add fish cubes, and continue to simmer until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Add evaporated and fresh milk, and season to taste with salt, pepper and dill.
- Heat thoroughly, without boiling, and serve.
This is classic New York fare-the perfect blending of international flavors that makes this city so ...
Who would think that Sweet Corn Ice Cream would be utterly delicious, delectably exciting and so inf...
If you love strawberries, and their wonderful flavor, try Mary Ann Esposito's Strawberry Tart (Crost...
This is one extraordinary chilled soup. Made with fresh melons and flavored with Thai fish sauce and...