This simple, delicious and flavorful Easy Fish Chowder puts smiles on everyone’s face at your table, and it’s economical to make. Try it tonight. Perfect with a crusty or multi-grain bread, crackers or oyster crackers.
- 3 pounds fish fillets; cubed (halibut, cod, or sea bass)
- 3 large onions; chopped
- 1/4 pound butter (1 stick)
- 3 Quarts water
- 2 cans evaporated milk
- 1 Quart fresh milk
- 12 medium potatoes; washed but not peeled, diced
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- dill, to taste
- Melt butter in a soup kettle. Add the onions, and saute until tender.
- Add water and diced potatoes, and simmer until the potatoes are done.
- Add fish cubes, and continue to simmer until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Add evaporated and fresh milk, and season to taste with salt, pepper and dill.
- Heat thoroughly, without boiling, and serve.
Sweet French Toast is a simple, easy to make preparation perfect for breakfast, brunch or even a com...
Chicken breasts, a little soy sauce, some sliced pears - Baked Chicken Breasts with Pears may sound ...
Delmonico Potatoes were standard fare at the elegant, refined Delmonico's restaurant in New York Cit...
This delightful zucchini stir fry is best served with steamed or fried rice for a wonderful luncheon...