This simple, delicious and flavorful Easy Fish Chowder puts smiles on everyone’s face at your table, and it’s economical to make. Try it tonight. Perfect with a crusty or multi-grain bread, crackers or oyster crackers.
- 3 pounds fish fillets; cubed (halibut, cod, or sea bass)
- 3 large onions; chopped
- 1/4 pound butter (1 stick)
- 3 Quarts water
- 2 cans evaporated milk
- 1 Quart fresh milk
- 12 medium potatoes; washed but not peeled, diced
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- dill, to taste
- Melt butter in a soup kettle. Add the onions, and saute until tender.
- Add water and diced potatoes, and simmer until the potatoes are done.
- Add fish cubes, and continue to simmer until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Add evaporated and fresh milk, and season to taste with salt, pepper and dill.
- Heat thoroughly, without boiling, and serve.
Lidia Bastianich of Felidia restaurant in New York City is one of the finest Italian chefs and food ...
A rich, slow cooking Homemade Chicken Broth affording maximum flavor. Great for sauces, bastes, grav...
The Bistro Cheeseburger is the kind of delicious burger you'll find at better urban bistros througho...
Leek Broth is an amazing Welsh soup that is so packed with flavor that it explodes on the palate. S...