This easy version of Eggs Benedict uses tomato instead of Canadian bacon with delicious results. You’ll enjoy this colorful and luscious dish.
- 2 medium sized tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon basil leaves,crushed
- 1/16 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 8 eggs, poached in acidulated water and well drained
- Use tomatoes that are fully ripe, not pink, but vibrant red. Cut each tomato into 4 slices; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine mayonnaise, milk, lemon juice, basil and black pepper; heat until hot; keep warm.
- On each English muffin half arrange a tomato slice; sprinkle lightly with salt, top with a poached egg; cover with mayonnaise sauce.
- Serve two for each portion. Garnish with parsley if desired.
- Serves 4.
Serve with home fried potatoes or hash browns, and garnish with a slice of orange or lemon and a sprig of parsley.