Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main Course
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 small onion, sliced (1/2 Cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Cups cubed, fully cooked ham
- 2 Tablespoons snipped parsley
- several sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cans navy beans (15-ounces each)
- 1/4 Cup dry white wine
- 1 dash ground cloves
- In skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic till meat is slightly browned and onion is tender; drain off fat. Take care not to burn the garlic. Add ham, parsley, and bay leaf; mix well.
- Stir in undrained beans, wine and cloves.
- Turn into a 1 1/2-quart casserole. Add the thyme sprigs on top.
- Bake, covered, at 325 for 45 minutes.
- Uncover, remove thyme sprigs and bake 40 to 45 minutes longer; stirring occasionally.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Serve in bowls with warm, crusty bread, if desired.