Easy Beef Pot Pie
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Meat Pies
- 1 pound boneless top sirloin steak, 3/4 inch thick
- 1 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces small mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 Cup water
- 12 ounces jar beef gravy
- 10 ounces package frozen peas and carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 4 1/2 ounce can refrigerated buttermilk flavored biscuits
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Trim fat from steak. Cut steak lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick strips. In large ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef (half at a time) and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) remove from skillet with slotted spoon.
- In same skillet, place mushrooms, onion, garlic and water. Cook and stir 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in gravy, vegetables and thyme. Bring to a boil; remove from heat. return beef to skillet. Cut biscuits in half; arrange in a ring on top of beef mixture.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until biscuit topping is golden-brown.
Note: If skillet is not ovenproof, transfer beef mixture to 9-inch-square baking pan. Top with biscuits and bake as recipe directs.