Dundee Cake is an illustrious Scottish confection and an absolute treasure. Made with almonds, currants or sultanas, cherries and candied peel, every bite is filled with outstanding flavors. Use organic foods where possible.
- 8 ounces butter
- 8 ounces caster sugar
- 10 ounces self-raising (cake) flour
- 5 eggs
- 4 ounces candied peel
- 2 ounces glace cherries
- 1 pound mixed currants and sultanas
- 4 ounces blanched almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda dissolved in
- 1 Tablespoon of milk
- Cream together the butter and sugar with a wooden spoon. Beat the eggs.
- Gradually add half the eggs to the sugar and butter beating well.
- Next fold in half the flour with a metal spoon. Add the rest of the egg again beating well.
- Fold in the rest of the flour with the fruit, peel and half of the almonds.
- Lastly add the bicarbonate of soda dissolved in the milk.
- Turn into an 8 inch tin lined with grease-proof paper.
- Sprinkle the rest of the almonds onto the top of the cake and and bake for 2 1/2 hours at 150 degrees centigrade.
Taste-of-Gazpacho Salad offers up many of the same flavors found in the famed soup. It is perfect su...
Pi is generally thought of as 3.14, which is also the date of Albert Einstein's birthday, so today w...
Curried Vegetable Soup is an exceptional Thai-inspired soup packed with flavor and nutritional value...
An inscrutably delicious, yet complex recipe, Chinese American Thanksgiving Turkey yields impeccable...