This simple stock is the foundation of many wonderful sauces and soups. Learn to make this and you can cook almost any main course.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Stocks and Foundation Sauces
Serves: 2 cups
- carcass from 5 pound ducks); broken up
- 1 onion; in large chunks
- 2 parsley sprigs
- 1 carrot; washed thoroughly and quartered
- 1 celery rib with leaves
- dash salt
- 12 peppercorns, crushed
- Combine all in a large kettle and add water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and simmer, loosely covered, for 1 hour.
- Strain and reduce liquid by boiling to 2 cups.
- This recipe yields 2 cups of stock.
Recipe Source: THE HUNTER'S GAME COOKBOOK by Jacqueline E. Knight