Duck Spring Rolls with Warm Fig Compote is an extraordinarily delicious appetizer may also be served for lunch or a light dinner main course. The flavors pair together perfectly.
- 2 Cups Savoy cabbage, julienned
- 1 Tablespoon bacon drippings
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1/2 Cup carrot, julienned
- 1/2 Cup zucchini, julienned
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 4 each duck legs and thighs, cooked,
- 4 spring roll wrappers
- as needed oil
- Warm Fig Compote (recipe follows)
- 4 fresh Mission figs
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon red wine
- Saute cabbage in bacon drippings for 2 minutes or until wilted; season with salt and pepper. Add carrot, zucchini and ginger and cook until tender-crisp.
- In small bowl, combine cornstarch and water; stir into vegetable mixture. Add duck and heat thoroughly; remove and cool.
- Distribute mixture among wrappers; fold, roll and seal ends. Fry rolls in 350 degrees F oil until golden brown and crisp; drain. Serve warm with fig compote.
- [b]Warm Fig Compote
- Cut figs into quarters; saute in butter until soft. Add wine and reduce until mixture is absorbed.
Cannoli Siciliana are a traditional treat made and sold in Italian bakeries around the world. They a...
A nice and spicy partner to pre-dinner drinks. Tangy Roast Pepper and Walnut Dip is great with some ...
Warm Pear Charlotte is a simply stunning dessert suitable for any occasion and perfect for entertain...
The exceptional qualities of Ham Fritters makes them perfect for entertaining, and sharing at partie...