Duck Spring Rolls with Warm Fig Compote is an extraordinarily delicious appetizer may also be served for lunch or a light dinner main course. The flavors pair together perfectly.
- 2 Cups Savoy cabbage, julienned
- 1 Tablespoon bacon drippings
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1/2 Cup carrot, julienned
- 1/2 Cup zucchini, julienned
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 4 each duck legs and thighs, cooked,
- 4 spring roll wrappers
- as needed oil
- Warm Fig Compote (recipe follows)
- 4 fresh Mission figs
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon red wine
- Saute cabbage in bacon drippings for 2 minutes or until wilted; season with salt and pepper. Add carrot, zucchini and ginger and cook until tender-crisp.
- In small bowl, combine cornstarch and water; stir into vegetable mixture. Add duck and heat thoroughly; remove and cool.
- Distribute mixture among wrappers; fold, roll and seal ends. Fry rolls in 350 degrees F oil until golden brown and crisp; drain. Serve warm with fig compote.
- [b]Warm Fig Compote
- Cut figs into quarters; saute in butter until soft. Add wine and reduce until mixture is absorbed.
Paired with a scoop of Almond or Vanilla Bean ice cream, Ruby-Port and Fig Sauce is a spectacular de...
This bright and colorful salad is a meal unto itself. Full of outstanding and vivid flavors, it shin...
This popular and colorful salad lends a festive note to any tapas table, and is featured in many tap...
This recipe for Double Rice Stuffing is packed with flavor and exceptional, mouthwatering textures. ...