The incredible flavor of Duck Soup is enhanced by simple ingredients like wild rice, celery and onion. The best soups are always the simplest.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
Serves: 6 to 8
- 2 or 3 duck carcasses, with some meat attached
- 1 Cup chopped celery
- 1 onion; chopped
- 1/2 Cup chopped parsley
- 6 Cups water
- 1/4 Cup wild rice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, covered, for 2 hours.
- Remove meat from bones and return meat scraps to soup. Cook another 30 minutes.
- Reheat to serving temperature.
If you don't like duck, this hunter's recipe works perfectly well with one turkey carcass or two chickens.