Duck Liver Mousse
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 1 Tablespoon fresh pepper
- 1 fluid ounce hazelnut liqueur
- 1 Tablespoon nutmeg
- 3 Cups heavy cream
- 1 pound duck livers, cleaned
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher salt
- 2 to 3 large shallots, chopped
- 1 ounce Brandy
- Put liver, shallots, pepper, nutmeg, salt, brandy and liqueur in food processor and puree. with machine on add 3 cups heavy cream. Strain through a fine sieve. Bake in water bath at 325 to 350 until the center is firm to the touch.
Perfection is found within the perimiter of this delectable mousse. Great on toasted whole grain breads. Make it a day ahead for your next party!
Serve as an appetizer or fist course with toasted French Bread slices.