No matter what day of the week this glorious dish is served, it’s a great day for the Irish. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with this grand ol’ Irish goodness. Simply inspirational!
- 5 pounds corned beef brisket
- 1 large onion stuck with --
- 6 cloves (whole)
- 6 carrots; peeled and sliced
- 8 potatoes; peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 1 cabbage (about 2 pounds); cut in quarters
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Put beef in a large non-reactive pot and cover with cold water.
- Add all other ingredients except cabbage and bring to a boil with the lid off the pot. Turn to simmer and cook for 3 hours.
- Skim fat from top as it rises. Remove the thyme, parsley and onion. Add cabbage. Simmer for 20 minutes until cabbage is cooked.
- Remove the meat; let it sit for 10 minutes to cool, and then slice thinly. Place on a large platter. Strain the cabbage and season it heavily with black pepper.
- Serve the beef, with the cabbage, carrots and potatoes in a bowl, on the side. Accompany with horseradish sauce.
- Horseradish Sauce: Whip cream until it stand in peaks. Fold in horseradish. Serve separately.
Artichokes Stuffed with Breadcrumbs makes a wonderful side dish for an extraordinary meal. The flavo...
The coolness of Chilled Zucchini-Mint Soup compliments the wealth of flavors in every spoonful. Ref...
Summer is a time for frozen desserts and among them, we love Peanuts and Porter Ice Cream Sandwiches...
Paskha is a cheesecake like dessert that is traditionally served in Russian homes for Orthodox Easte...