No matter what day of the week this glorious dish is served, it’s a great day for the Irish. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with this grand ol’ Irish goodness. Simply inspirational!
- 5 pounds corned beef brisket
- 1 large onion stuck with --
- 6 cloves (whole)
- 6 carrots; peeled and sliced
- 8 potatoes; peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 1 cabbage (about 2 pounds); cut in quarters
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Put beef in a large non-reactive pot and cover with cold water.
- Add all other ingredients except cabbage and bring to a boil with the lid off the pot. Turn to simmer and cook for 3 hours.
- Skim fat from top as it rises. Remove the thyme, parsley and onion. Add cabbage. Simmer for 20 minutes until cabbage is cooked.
- Remove the meat; let it sit for 10 minutes to cool, and then slice thinly. Place on a large platter. Strain the cabbage and season it heavily with black pepper.
- Serve the beef, with the cabbage, carrots and potatoes in a bowl, on the side. Accompany with horseradish sauce.
- Horseradish Sauce: Whip cream until it stand in peaks. Fold in horseradish. Serve separately.
A beautiful, delicious and healthful sandwich, rich in vitamins and nutrients, yet intensely flavorf...
The most exceptional Southwest burger you can ever imagine is the Black Angus Burger with Cheese and...
An inscrutably delicious, yet complex recipe, Chinese American Thanksgiving Turkey yields impeccable...
Broccoli Rabe is a nutritious, savory vegetable side dish with wonderful Italian flavors. The flavor...