Dublin Corned Beef and Cabbage
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Beef
- 3 pounds corned beef
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon cloves, ground
- 1 Tablespoon black pepper, fresh, ground
- 1 Tablespoon mustard, ground
- 1 white cabbage, head about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds
- Put the corned beef and all the seasonings in a large pot, and cover with water. Bring slowly to a boil, cover and simmer very gently for an hour.
- Meanwhile, cut away the fibrous part of the cabbage, discard and cut cabbage into 8 sections. When the beef has been simmering for an hour add the cabbage and simmer for another 1/2 hour or until the cabbage is very tender. Allow the corned beef and cabbage to cool down in the saucepan for about 1/2 an hour. Then, carve the beef and serve it with the cabbage.
Source: Irish Country Cooking