Double Rice Stuffing (for a 12-Pound Turkey)
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 10 cups
- 2 packages long-grain and wild rice (6 ounces each)
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 4 1/2 Cups water
- 3 Cups chopped celery
- 1 large onion chopped
- 7 ounces (1 jar) pimento-stuffed olives, drained and sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare rice mix with 2 tablespoons of the butter and the 4 1/2 cups water, following label directions.
- Saute celery and onion in remaining butter until soft in a large frying pan; lightly stir in rice mixture, olives, salt, and pepper.
- Makes approximately 10 cups or enough to stuff a 12-pound bird.