Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Rice Dishes
- 1/2 Cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 4-1/2 Cup stock
- 2 Cups long-grain rice
- 1/2 Cup oil
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Cup finely chopped onions
- 1-1/2 pound finely chopped chicken livers
- 1/2 Cup chopped celery
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 Cup chopped green onions
- In a Dutch oven make a brown roux with oil and flour. Add white onions, and stir until brown. Add chicken livers, celery, parsley, green onions, green pepper, garlic and stir. Add salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat; then add 1/2 cup stock and cook an additional 15 minutes.
- Skim excess oil from top of mixture and remove from heat.
- In a separate pan cook 2 cups rice in 4 cups stock until fluffy.
- Fold rice into vegetable mixture and correct seasoning.
- To serve, warm in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.