A rich cheesy sandwich, deliciously flavored with Cheddar, bacon, Parmesan and chicken, this one is lots of fun to make for cold weekend lunches. Kids love them.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
- 18 slices bacon
- 1/2 Cup flour, all-purpose
- 2 Cups milk
- 1/2 pound cheese, Cheddar; shredded
- 1 teaspoon mustard, dry
- 6 slices bread
- 12 slices chicken breast or turkey; thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cup cheese, Parmesan; grated
- Cook bacon; drain, reserving 1/4 cup drippings.
- Combine flour and reserved drippings over low heat, blending until smooth.
- Gradually add milk; cook until smooth and thickened, stirring constantly. Add Cheddar cheese and dry mustard, stirring until cheese melts.
- Place 3 slices bacon on each slice of bread, and top with 2 slices of chicken.
- Place in a 13x9x2" baking pan; cover with cheese sauce, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until bubbly.
For the adults, this goes beautifully with a cold beer, chilled white wine or for the kids, with a cold glass of milk.