Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Accompaniments
Serves: 12 biscuits
- 12 small water biscuits or 3 large slices white bread from a tin loaf
- butter for spreading
- 2 Tablespoons anchovy essence
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon mixed English mustard
- 1. Warm the water biscuits, if used, in a low or moderate oven.
- If using bread, cut off the crusts and toast the slices lightly on both sides.
- Spread one side with butter and cut into 2 X 6cm 'fingers'. Keep warm.
- Blend together the rest of the ingredients, and use to spread on the biscuits or toasted 'fingers'.
- Re-heat, flavoured side up, under a high grill or in a hot oven for 2-3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve in a warmed, folded napkin, with soups.