Deutsches Beefsteak (German Beefsteaks)
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Beef
- 1 hard roll; large, dry
- 1/2 Cup water
- 4 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion; medium, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef; lean
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 onions; medium, sliced
- In a small bowl soak roll in water.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil in a frypan; cook chopped onion until lightly browned. Transfer onion to a bowl.
- Squeeze roll as dry as possible and mix roll with onion. Add ground beef; blend well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shape meat into 4 patties; cook about 5 minutes on each side or to desired doneness. Remove and keep warm.
- Add sliced onions to pan drippings; cook until lightly browned.
- Arrange beefsteaks on a platter and top with onion rings.