Derry Dumplings are an Irish lullaby you can eat. Add some Luck o’ the Irish to your dinner table with these glorious morsels.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 6 servings
- 2 pounds (900 g) cooked potatoes, mashed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- a good grinding of black pepper
- 6 ounces (175 g) pork chitterlings, cooked
- 2 ounces (50 g) onion, grated
- 4 ounces (110 g) cheese, grated
- Season the mashed potato with the salt and pepper.
- Using a potato scoop, form the potato into a ball.
- Make all the potato balls at one time and leave for the time being.
- Cut the cooked chitterlings into small pieces and mix with the grated onion.
- Press a heaped teaspoonful into the center of each potato ball and reshape.
- Roll each ball in the grated cheese and bake in the oven Gas mark 7, 425°F (220°C) until the cheese is golden and crunchy.