An exceptional ingredient for fine sauces, gravies and soups.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Stocks and Foundation Sauces
Serves: 1 gallon
- 1 gallon Espagnole sauce, hot
- 1 gallon brown stock, hot
- 1 bouquet garni
- In a stock pot, combine the Espagnole sauce, brown stock and bouquet garni, together, over medium-high heat. Bring up to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and a simmer until the liquid reduces by half, about 1 1/2 hours. Skim the liquid occasionally, for impurities.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Strain through a China Cap or tightly meshed strainer.