Delmonico Potatoes were standard fare at the elegant, refined Delmonico’s restaurant in New York City’s Financial District, where great food reigned supreme.
Even today, the name Delmonico stands for class and culinary excellence.
- 1/4 Cup melted butter (plus 1 Tablespoon for buttering the dish)
- 7 Cups thinly sliced potatoes such as Yukon Gold or other waxy potatoes
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 Cup finely minced onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 Cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine butter, potatoes, garlic, onion, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Place in a buttered baking dish, cover and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Scald the milk in a small pot on the stove, then add it to the potatoes, and cook, uncovered, another 20 minutes.
- Add the grated cheese and the egg to the potatoes in the baking dish and mix well.
- Replace in the oven until the top is browned, another 10 minutes or so.
Cuccidati are found in Italian bakeries everywhere for St. Joseph's Day and Christmas. The flaky, ri...
No matter how you finally coat Rich Orange-Chocolate Truffles, these confections are pure pleasure, ...
Chianti Beef with Thyme Potatoes is a wonderfully rustic dish of deliciously tender beef pieces in a...
Southern Italians make Torta Rustica traditionally at Easter, though it is a glorious treat througho...