Deep Dish Apple Cobbler
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
- 5 large Granny Smith apples, sliced thinly
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring to coat apple slices; pour into a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Beat eggs and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add butter and vanilla, beating until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; fold into egg mixture. Spread over apple slices.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.