Deep, dark, rich and creamy, this superb dessert gets to the very heart of great flavor, pleasing both the palate and your heart’s desires.
Dark Chocolate Mousse
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Desserts
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream
- 1/2 pound dark Belgian chocolate
- 8 egg whites
- 3 star anise
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- Boil the cream with the star anise and leave to infuse, keeping the cream warm.
- Sieve the cream to remove the spices and return to a clean pan. Whisk the egg whites with the sugar until they form peaks. Add the chocolate to the warm cream so that it melts, then keep the chocolate mixture warm at about blood temperature. Fold in the egg whites until fully mixed. If the mixture is too sticky, add a little milk.
- Put the mousse into your serving dishes or set in a stainless steel or plastic bowl. For best results, leave to set in the fridge for 24 hours.
Per serving: 201 Calories (kcal); 3g Total Fat; (13% calories from fat); 32g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 441mg Sodium Food Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates