Dandelion Pasta Salad is one of the nicest pasta salads we ever made, with a spicy, mustard flavor to the greens. Normally, we pull or try to remove dandelions from our gardens as weeds, but in fact, they’re a tasty food. They make a delicious salad complementing pasta well. Use only store-bought or organically farmed dandelion to avoid pesticides and herbicides. Don’t use the ones found in your lawn as it may contain harmful chemicals.
- 4 Cups cooked pasta, any shape you like
- 1/4 Cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 Cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 Cup dandelion petals
- 1/4 Cup small dandelion or Arugula leaves (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel or anise seed
- 1 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 Cup light olive oil
- fresh herbs, chopped, to taste; basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix salad ingredients, tossing gently.
- Combine dressing ingredients and pour over. Toss again.
- Serve chilled, immediately.
A treat any time of year, Lace Cookies are simply extraordinary for the holiday season, and delightf...
You'll find Grilled Shrimp with Blackberry Barbecue Sauce to be a perfect main course or appetizer f...
The quintessential Spanish recipe; Paella is full of exciting flavors and enticing textures. Visuall...
If you love Creme Brulee, you're going to simply adore Creme Brulee French Toast, a rich breakfast t...