Dandelion Pasta Salad is one of the nicest pasta salads we ever made, with a spicy, mustard flavor to the greens. Normally, we pull or try to remove dandelions from our gardens as weeds, but in fact, they’re a tasty food. They make a delicious salad complementing pasta well. Use only store-bought or organically farmed dandelion to avoid pesticides and herbicides. Don’t use the ones found in your lawn as it may contain harmful chemicals.
- 4 Cups cooked pasta, any shape you like
- 1/4 Cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 Cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 Cup dandelion petals
- 1/4 Cup small dandelion or Arugula leaves (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel or anise seed
- 1 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 Cup light olive oil
- fresh herbs, chopped, to taste; basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix salad ingredients, tossing gently.
- Combine dressing ingredients and pour over. Toss again.
- Serve chilled, immediately.
Worried about kale? This recipe will change your mind. Creamy, buttery goodness mix with delicious s...
Carrot Purée may be served as a delicious, exotic side dish or as a spicy appetizer with crackers or...
For an extraordinary taste sensation try delicious, delectable Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce. This...
The aromatic flavors of Basic Irish Sausages are heavenly. Pan seared, these delicious, rich pork sa...