Dandelion Pasta Salad is one of the nicest pasta salads we ever made, with a spicy, mustard flavor to the greens. Normally, we pull or try to remove dandelions from our gardens as weeds, but in fact, they’re a tasty food. They make a delicious salad complementing pasta well. Use only store-bought or organically farmed dandelion to avoid pesticides and herbicides. Don’t use the ones found in your lawn as it may contain harmful chemicals.
- 4 Cups cooked pasta, any shape you like
- 1/4 Cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 Cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 Cup dandelion petals
- 1/4 Cup small dandelion or Arugula leaves (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel or anise seed
- 1 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 Cup light olive oil
- fresh herbs, chopped, to taste; basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix salad ingredients, tossing gently.
- Combine dressing ingredients and pour over. Toss again.
- Serve chilled, immediately.
Many believe that only the French eat frog's legs. Not so. They're a popular ingredient in Cajun cui...
The classic Lemony Lemon Squares are an American favorite bar cookie that is sold in eateries, baker...
A wonderful cold-weather dessert, Poached Pears in Cinnamon-Ginger Sauce's rich combination of cinna...
Jasper White's delicious Boston Baked Beans with Maple Sugar blends the subtle, purist flavors of Ne...