For a vibrant, exciting side dish, try Curried Peas and Corn. It is sure to tantalize the taste buds and please the palate.
Curried Peas and Corn
Author: Adapted from David Walzog
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 4 servings
- 1/8 Cup corn or vegetable oil
- 1/2 Cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Curry powder
- 1/2 Cup white wine
- 1 Cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 2 Cups corn kernels
- 1 Cup fresh or defrosted frozen peas
- 1 Tablespoon Thai basil, minced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Heat oil in pot.
- Add onions and garlic; sauté until soft but not brown.
- Stir in curry powder; cook until fragrant.
- Add wine, increase heat to high and bring to boil. Add cream; boil to reduce by a third.
- Add thyme and corn.
- Lower heat; cook gently until thickened.
- At service, add peas, basil and salt to taste; heat through.