This richly flavored spread may also be used as a dip. Great on sandwiches too.
- 1 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon curry paste, red
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1/4 teaspoon water
- Mix saffron threads and water into a paste.
- Combine all ingredients and process until smooth.
- Makes about 1 cup.
- Will keep short periods if refrigerated.
- Serve with ham sandwiches, tuna salad, cold turkey.
This also makes an excellent dip for raw and steamed vegetables like carrots, broccoli, snap peas, cauliflower and asparagus.