Curried Apple Coleslaw offers a uniquely spicy flavor and a delightful taste sensation to this marvelous accompaniment for ribs or sandwiches.
Curried Apple Coleslaw
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1/2 medium white cabbage, finely shredded
- 4 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 red eating apples, thinly sliced
- 8 radishes, trimmed and sliced
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 10 ml (2 teaspoon) caraway seeds for topping
For the Creamy Curry Dressing
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) curry powder
- 45 ml (3 Tablespoons) mayonnaise
- 45 ml (3 Tablespoons) low-fat natural yogurt
- 30 ml (2 Tablespoons) lemon juice
- To make the dressing, mix together the curry powder, mayonnaise, yogurt and lemon juice.
- Place the salad ingredients in a bowl and pour the dressing over.
- Toss gently, then sprinkle with the caraway seeds.
- Serve at once.