Deliciously flavorful, Cure-All Chicken Soup is a heart-warming soup bringing not only comfort to the soul, but good health. The ideal cure for colds or flu, its vitamin rich contents restore essential nutrients to the body.
- 4 Quarts cold water
- 1 large chicken
- 1 turkey wing
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and mashed
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut up
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and quartered
- 2 ribs celery with leaves, cut into pieces
- 1/2 Cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- 12 ounces fresh or dried noodles
- Bring water to boil in a large soup pot. Add whole chicken, turkey wing, garlic, onion, carrot, parsnip, celery, and bay leaf.
- Simmer about 3 hours, skimming fat from the top from time to time.
- Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper about 2 hours into the cooking.
- Fish out the bay leaf and discard.
- Lift all vegetables from the broth to a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Puree and reserve.
- Remove the chicken, reserving the meat. Cut or break the meat into small, bit-sized pieces. Discard skin, bones, and the turkey wing.
- Return the chicken meat to the soup. Raise to a simmer.
- Add noodles and cook until al dente. Add vegetable puree back to the soup and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
Chicken breasts, a little soy sauce, some sliced pears - Baked Chicken Breasts with Pears may sound ...
Lemon Pork Loin is a delicious, light and refreshing recipe that adds a delightful citrus flavor, pe...
A mixture of herbs, garlic and breadcrumbs make the perfect Herb-Crusted Rack of Lamb. Serve with ma...
This truly authentic recipe for Shepherd's Pie is absolutely wonderful, with deep, earthy and rich f...