Deliciously flavorful, Cure-All Chicken Soup is a heart-warming soup bringing not only comfort to the soul, but good health. The ideal cure for colds or flu, its vitamin rich contents restore essential nutrients to the body.
- 4 Quarts cold water
- 1 large chicken
- 1 turkey wing
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and mashed
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut up
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and quartered
- 2 ribs celery with leaves, cut into pieces
- 1/2 Cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- 12 ounces fresh or dried noodles
- Bring water to boil in a large soup pot. Add whole chicken, turkey wing, garlic, onion, carrot, parsnip, celery, and bay leaf.
- Simmer about 3 hours, skimming fat from the top from time to time.
- Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper about 2 hours into the cooking.
- Fish out the bay leaf and discard.
- Lift all vegetables from the broth to a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Puree and reserve.
- Remove the chicken, reserving the meat. Cut or break the meat into small, bit-sized pieces. Discard skin, bones, and the turkey wing.
- Return the chicken meat to the soup. Raise to a simmer.
- Add noodles and cook until al dente. Add vegetable puree back to the soup and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
Penn-Dutch Pot Roast is simple to prepare and yields an intense, delicious flavor best served with c...
Savory Sea Crepes are a versatile, adaptable and economical recipe that always brings pleasure. Topp...
Irish Cream Chocolate Coconut Cookies are delicious, crunchy, sweet morsels of incredible flavor. Si...
Thai Chicken Burgers are abundantly flavorful and accompanied by a tasty Broccoli Slaw. Paired with ...