Curach is an incredible dessert, also suited for breakfast. Layered with toasted oats and whipped cream it’s a berried national treasure.
Curach (Irish Honey-and-Oatmeal Cream)
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 ounces medium-grind oatmeal
- 10 fluid ounces heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons runny honey
- 3 Tablespoons whiskey
- 12 ounces raspberries or blueberries
- Toast the oatmeal on a cookie sheet under the broiler, or in a hot oven, watch it carefully and stir it from time to time, until it turns a pale golden color. Leave it to cool completely.
- Whip the cream until it holds its shape, stir in the honey and whiskey, then the cold toasted oatmeal.
- Layer the berries and the cream mixture in the glasses, saving a few of the berries for decoration on top. Serve slightly cool.