Cumin-Spiced Roast Chicken with Currant-Fegato Sauce, Toasted Almonds and Chives is one glorious dish of incomparable flavor. The creation of Chef Scott Conant, it is a spectacular way to serve Roast Chicken. Perfect for an intimate dinner for two.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 2 Tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 whole chicken, split, boned
- Kosher salt, as needed
- 1 Tablespoon dried currants
- 1/4 Cup fresh chicken livers, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- 3/4 Cup chicken stock reduction
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, snipped
- Creamy Polenta (recipe follows)
- 1 Cup whipping cream
- 1 Cup whole milk
- 4 ounces polenta
- salt, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- In small sauté pan, heat star anise, nutmeg, cloves and cumin, cooking and stirring over medium-low heat until fragrant, about 8 minutes. Cool slightly; grind in spice grinder.
- Rub each chicken half with 1 teaspoon each oil and spice mixture and salt to taste.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons oil in large skillet; add chicken halves, skin-side down and brown them well. Transfer pan to a preheated 450 degrees F oven and cook until juices run clear, about 15 minutes.
- Ten minutes before chicken is done, prepare sauce. Heat chicken reduction in medium saucepan; add currants and cook several minutes. Add livers; heat to boil, stirring constantly. Reduce to a gentle simmer as chicken continues cooking.
- Remove chicken from oven; let rest a minute or two. Separate breast from leg and slice breast into several pieces. Spoon polenta onto two plates; place leg and breast atop; spoon sauce over and around. Garnish with chives.
- Bring cream and milk to boil.
- Off heat, slowly whisk in polenta and salt.
- Return to low flame; cook, stirring regularly, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Add cheese and butter shortly before serving.
Gourmet shops sell these Brie with Caramelized Pecans, delicious appetizer wheels of brie, for very ...
The incredible flavors of Petite Boules are only believable with your first bite, and of course ever...
Waldorf Astoria Red Cake is a rich, moist, sweet cake with a dark red, bright red or red-brown color...
For an aromatic, intoxicating treat, try our recipe for Irish Whiskey Truffles. Every bite a treasur...