Cuban-style Skirt Steak is a glorious dish to prepare and enjoy. The intoxicatingly rich herbal flavor of the Chimichurri sauce is not to be surpassed by any other. Perfect with fried plaintains or grilled corn on the cob or a wonderful bean salad.
- 3 pounds beef skirt steak
- 30 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 1/2 Cups orange juice
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 Cup white onion, minced
- 1 Cup olive oil
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1/4 Cup vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2/3 Cup olive oil
- 1/2 Cup onion
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For marinade: process garlic and peppercorns in food processor to a paste. Remove and stir in orange juice, white onion and oregano. Let set at room temperature for 30 minutes. Whisk in olive oil until well blended.
- Remove skirt steak from package and pat dry. Place in large bowl and cover with marinade and refrigerate covered for approximately 2 hours.
- For Chimichurri: put all ingredients except olive oil in blender and pulse to a thick mixture. Do Not Over Process!
- Remove from blender and stir in olive oil. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Remove meat from marinade and grill over medium high heat, approx. 7 to 9 minutes per side.
- Serve topped with Chimichurri and fried plantain strips.
Gingered Creme Brulee with Buried Blackberries has a deep, rich flavor and extraordinary delicacy. A...
Watermelon, Marinated Feta and Sunflower Shoot Salad with a Clear Tomato Jelly delivers an incredibl...
Watermelon and Red Onion Salad is simple, tangy, sweet and cool with an exceptional combination of f...
Grilled Pound Cake with Berries is a simple, easy way to make a quick summer dessert. Perfect for e...