Cuban Black Bean Soup is a rich, aromatic soup, wonderful anytime of the year. Classic flavors portray the exciting tastes of Latin-American cooking. This is heartwarming, comforting food at its best.
- 1 pound black beans
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon oregano
- 1 Italian frying pepper, halved
- olive oil, for sauteing, plus 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 white onion, large dice
- 1 red pepper, large dice
- 1 green pepper, large dice
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 Cup white vinegar
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped red onion, for garnish
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large stockpot, cover the beans with water, covering them by 2 inches. Add bay leaf, cumin, oregano, and Italian pepper. Bring to a low boil, then simmer until the beans are tender, about 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, remove the pepper and bay leaf.
- In a saute pan, cook the onions, red, and green peppers until translucent. Puree in a blender, this is the sofrito.
- In the same pan, saute the garlic. Add to the beans, along with the sofrito, 1/4-cup olive oil, sugar, and vinegar. Season with salt and continue to cook until very thick, about 45 minutes.
- Portion the soup into individual bowls.
- Garnish with red onion and parsley. Serve piping hot.
Adapted from Aaron Sanchez and FoodTV Network.
The complex flavors of Little Italian Sausage Burgers creates a glorious eating experience. Enjoy it...
You will love this crisp, salty, spicy taste of this exceptional appetizer, perfect for your celebra...
Yellow Tomato Concasse is used as a sauce with seafood or pasta. It is a simple, coarse sauce that'...
Lamb, just like veal, makes a superb Osso Buco and is ideal served over a bed of braised root vegeta...